I am here to help you, or your child, dealing with anxiety, trauma, PTSD, family relationships, parenting, ADHD, learning disabilities, and intimate relationships. In other words, situations that make you feel like you’re overwhelmed and like you’re struggling to cope.
I am passionate about understanding you and your own unique story. My greatest desire is that you feel heard, supported, and understood. Strength comes simply from knowing that you matter, that you are valued, just the way you are. The greatest source of stability for yourself, or your child, is waiting deep down inside of you. I help you connect to that source so you can go forward living the life that you want while having the strength to just be you!
To support you, I combine developmental psychology with the understanding of the nervous system to provide knowledge, healing, and hope. I look forward to working with you!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Counselling is an individual experience. We all have different needs at different times in our lives. You may need emotional support, a sounding board, insight, clarity, a new perspective, strength. It all starts with,
1. A Consult if you’d like. Short and brief, to share what you are looking for, ask any questions that you may have, and most importantly, to see if you feel like I am someone that you would be comfortable working with.
2. Your First Session: A session of getting to know your situation, how I can support you, and helping you feel like you are on top of life a bit more than it is on top of you.
3. Further Sessions: It all depends on your individual needs. How I approach this is really with what feels most comfortable for you. It’s all about helping you learn to hear your own voice and trust yourself in the process.
Work With Me
(Please Note: Tuesdays and Thursdays
are available for in person sessions)
A standard counselling/therapy session to meet your needs.
50 minute session
(Mini) Counselling Session
A shorter session to provide an alternative.
25 minute session
Call, text or contact me to set up a 15-minute free phone consultation.
My Qualifications Include:
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (Registration # 14307)
- A Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in Developmental and Clinical Studies
- MAPS Therapy Training for Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy
- Level 1 – Somatic Experiencing
- Level 1 – Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma
- Level 1 – Mindfulness-based Somatic Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Basic Training
- Level I – EMDR Child, Complex Trauma and Dissociation
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Expressive Play Therapy for Complex Trauma
- Parent Child Relationship Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Rapid Transformational Therapy Practitioner Certificate
- 23 years of being a Mother